As before, this weeks Favorite Things Friday will also be a part of Friday Five Link Up, hosted by Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar on the Run. Make sure you check out their blogs and participate in the link up if you want to! This week they are getting personal, as we are sharing 5 things about ME! So, for my Favorite Things Friday, you will get to know my favorite things about me! I mean, there are so many more than 5 cause I’m totally awesome! LOL!! 😛
1. The first movie I remember seeing at the movie theatre was Kindergarten Cop!! I don’t know all the details, but I know my mom took me when I was about 5 to a small theatre in Hawaii! I remember the movie screen being so big! As was my popcorn! I haven’t watched that movie in a long time, and thinking about it, I may need to rent it for my kiddos!
2. I love smiling! I really do! Even though growing up, I had these huge two front teeth ( I still do, I just grew into them), I like smiling! I think its probably my best physical feature, and I would actually like to whiten my smile one day to make it even nicer!
3. I take A LOT of pictures! A LOT! Last time I checked my iPhoto, I think I have about 56,000 pictures stored on my comp since 2007ish (while I was pregnant with Jasmine). I have a good reasoning for this. Growing up, my family didn’t take a lot of pictures, or really do a lot of “family” things for that matter. The pictures that we did have, got lost when we moved from Hawaii to Washington. I have maybe a handful of pictures of my childhood, my father, ect. It sucks, because no matter what, our memories do fade. Being able to look back on pictures from when I was a kid would have been nice. It made it even harder as we couldn’t find a picture of my dad for his obituary when he died. So, all that to say, I take a lot of pictures! And scrapbook them- even though I haven’t had time in a while! My children will really be able to look back at these pictures and see their lives, what I captured through the lens of a camera. I do make sure I am in front of the camera at times too! I am actually wanting to remember to take more videos of our lives, as I would like to have those memories as well.
4. I married the hottest dork on the planet! Seriously! He works on computers in the Navy, he starts talking about his job and its just too much for my small brain! He used to play computer games, plays, watches, and reads about golf, works on cars, the lists goes on and on. And I tell it to him all the time! But I am so lucky! My hot dork! (to be honest, he married the blondest, in la la land girl on the planet as well! And no offense to blonds, I love it!)
5. In my crazy busy, anxiety ridden, world of mine, it took a lot to find a place of peace. One time, my therapist gave me an assignment. She wanted me to close my eyes, and find a place of peace, and when I did, she wanted me to describe it to her. So I closed my eyes, thinking this was stupid, but would try anyways. As I let that peaceful feeling take over, the first image that came to me was the beach. I described to her the warm sun on my shoulders, the salt I tasted in the air, birds chirping, the crystal clear blue water, the smells of BBQ, kids laughing….THAT was my peace. The ocean. The water. I grew up in Hawaii (another fun fact), until I was 13 years old. I lived in paradise, but my family life wasn’t paradise. But that is my peace. I love the beach, pool, anything where I can feel relaxed. It is here where I wouldn’t mind being by myself. it is here I wouldn’t mind letting my thoughts run wild. It is here where I can be me. I hope to settle and grow old near a beach. Please dont think I’m crazy! LOL!
So there you have it! My 5 things about me! What is one thing about you that you would like to share?!